Friday 31 October 2008

Dog foods and laptops

I'm tired as I write this, so please forgive any unusually stupid writings you see on this post. The usual idiocy is to be expected, i'm afraid.

Well, it hasn't been a good week for deliveries for me. I was supposed to get dog food yesterday, which arrived at 2 O'clock today. I'd also ordered a laptop. Why? I'll tell you why. List of problems with my old laptop.

1. Battery doesn't work. It won't even hold a second of charge. as soon as you pull the plug, the thing shuts down as though there were no battery in it.

2. Charger. It doesn't connect so well any more since some idiot stood on it, pulling it out of the back of the laptop.

3. Wire. It's broken a little where it attaches to the charger itself. I've selotaped it to within an inch of its life, but it's only a patch up job, really. That comes with making your charger travel to and from work every day. Who ever said laptops were designed to be portable!

4. Screen. The plastic housing's readily peeling away from the edges of it now.

5. Heat. Yes, that's right, even my laptop's hot! So hot, in fact, that it can blister your thighs through jeans, and the plastic tray it's sitting on, because it was too hot to sit on your knee and you thought it would run cooler if the air vents were free. Can you tell i've had that experience?

So, yes, all things considered, it was time i got a new one. i used some of my precious savings for it... At least, i will have, once I put them in the bank. I can just hear my bank manager screaming as my overdraught grows right before his beady little eyes.

They told me, when i bought it, that it would be delivered today. So I sat in all day... again. And it didn't come! At 3, I phoned them, only to be told that, "No, we wouldn't have told you it would be delivered so quickly, because it's having a memory refit. It won't be with you till Monday." I blew up when they called me a liar, and demanded the refund of my delivery costs. They, of course, refused. "Oh, I can't do that. It would have to be my manager, and she's not available." So, being the nice, calm, mild tempered person that I am, I demanded a call back and told her that, if I didn't get it within 24 hours, i was cancelling the order and telling my bank it was fraud. Let's see if they call back, shall we? I'm thinking they probably will!

And that's the only thing of any interest that happened me today. Oh, except for the fact that i'm now going to have to cancel some consultancy work I had booked for Monday, all because I have to sit in all day... Again, to wait for the laptop... again. What fun!

I'm teaching hot Stone massage tomorrow and Sunday, and that usually makes me quite tired, so you won't hear from me until Monday in all likelihood.

Don't scare the children too much tonight. All right, do it, but i want to hear the stories!

No comments: