Thursday 16 October 2008

The Eagle Has Landed

Wait, did I fly on an eagle? Blast that Dementia; I forget so much! That's what happens when you're 21, nearly 22. Eagles are awfully advanced now though; they have air hostesses and everything!

You'll be glad, or perhaps disappointed, to know that I arrived safely late last night. Yes, dear reader, 10 PM is late when you're as old as I. The day started off well enough. I managed to get all the housework done before I left, and even got my jeans dry that i'd forgotten to wash until 11 the night before, and which I wanted to wear during travelling. Molly, as usual, hid when she realised that she'd have to work for her keep, but once she got going, she worked like an absolute trooper, despite the suitcase she had to look out for as well. As usual, we got to the bus stop just as the bus was about 5 feet from the kerb, and, as usual, he didn't stop to let us on. So we passed a nice 15 minutes waiting for the next bus, while I sweated about missing my train. I made it in the end, due in no small part to how well Molly worked. She even found the help desk first time!

We had to go to Paddington, which took an hour. Molly wasn't thrilled to say the least, as she couldn't sprawl under a table and laze around. Instead, she was packed under a seat, and let me know, through grumbling and throwing herself about, that she was not happy! I was expecting her to huff, but she didn't, and worked brilliantly all the way through the underground and up to the next train, where she made fast friends with another passenger on the train to the airport. He took it all in good humor, which I was glad of, because she attached herself to him like a limpit! Ended up sitting under his seat and everything. So we swapped dog stories for half an hour, and moaned about the state of the economy, the government, and the world in general... It was great! Cheered me up no end!

I got to the airport in plenty of time, and got all the boring check in and paperwork done for check in. I can't believe how good the dog was all the way through. She didn't even fuss when I fitted her into her flight harness which she usually hates. Slept most of the way through the flight, and then worked brilliantly, finding my aunty in the crowd and everything. It's on days like that that I really appreciate the extra independence we get as a good, working team.

My aunty's soft with animals, and even let her sprawl on the back seat of the car, instead of in the boot where she usually goes. As usual, we stopped for chips on the way home, and we were very very naughty and even got ice cream! With strawberry sauce!

After that, it was plain sailing, well, driving, all the way home. I'm there now, staying with my Granny, and working on my cruddy old laptop which runs so hot that I think it's blistering my leg! So, I don't think i'm going to write much more, as third degree burns aren't my idea of a desirable way to spend a holiday. I'll try and update daily, but I expect i'll be quite busy here, catching up with the family, and some friends that we have over from America. Until next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Carly!

guess who? It's Jason.

Nice blog you got here, and wow, so much written down!

Haha, I want to be you're cousin or soemthing, you're family sounds really cool and shizzle.

I will be keeping an eye out for the next one, yo!