Sunday 19 October 2008

Dinner

I couldn't think of a better title, and i'm just about to have my dinner, so it seemed appropriate, all right?

There's really not much to tell about yesterday. Slept in till 9, then ate a yummy fried breakfast, played with the dog, and then it was off to church. They're having a harvest convention at the moment, so there was 2 services yesterday, both of which were good. I even got roped into singing last night!

It was an all day thing, with tea in between the two services. I even got Birthday cake, as it was one of the minister's birthdays... I had 2 pieces! Aren't I naughty?
Other than that, there really isn't much to tell. I came home, did a quick job check, then went to bed, only to get up early for the Sunday morning service this morning. I'm home only briefly now, as we have to be back there for 7. Molly hates me. She's huffing because I leave her behind when I go to church. She just gives me these looks of disdain, before trotting off to cuddle up with my Granny's lodger, who she took an instant liking to. I wish he'd walk her as well as play fighting with her!

Dinner today will be baby potatoes, good, fresh bacon, peas and gravy. Be jealous! And, if any of you are eating Yorkshire Puddings today, I too will be jealous. The Irish have never heard of them, so we don't get them here.

I managed to speak to a friend of mine last night who's just had a baby. I am also jealous of him! He's got a little one who's just 1, and another tinier one. Think of all the baby loving he can do! The baby was healthy though, which is great, and, in his native tongue, the boy's second name means Storm. Talk about making a statement with a name! He did cause quite a storm with his arrival, I can tell ya.

And Kudos to my followers... All 1 of you! Thank you for commenting, faithful, lone reader. You other thousands, nay, milions, who read this should follow his example, or feel my wrath! Go on, tell me how much you hate me... I love it!

1 comment:

Jason said...

Ms. Carly, I have you tell you something. I had a lovely Sunday roast today. Veggies, spuds, lamb, yorkies, the works! Be jealous my friend!

For me, even though I am christian, I have never been to Sunday mass. I am a methodist, pray whenever I want! :P

The child's name sounds like a nice one also, meaning 'storm'. Tis a nice one!