Tuesday 21 October 2008

Country roads, take me home

Doesn't quite sound the same when you sing, "country skies, fly me home," does it? So we'll stick with tradition and pretend that planes can get down those tiny little country lanes a lot easier than even the smallest of cars can. And if planes can do it, then i'll have no more wining from you drivers about how difficult it is to edge your large 4-wheel-drive through the thicket of country shrubbery.

Again, nothing much went on today. I've job hunted, did a little bit of cleaning, played with the dog, went shopping, and, yet again, managed to avoid cooking by the speedy and timely arrival of a little mobile van serving chips and other horribly fattening goodies. I had chicken nuggets, chips and gravy, and only managed to get through about half of it before the sheer amount of oil and grease saw me defeated, and, if I admit it, rather sick. I grew up on this stuff, and absolutely loved it, but since i've lived in England, i've tended to oven cook my food wherever I can. Initially, this was only because I was afraid of the deep fat fryers and the scalding, dripping oil. But now, it's because I like the taste of the food better when it's done in the oven. I can't eat too much grease now without feeling ill. Pity really, as it tastes so good!

And that's it. Exciting, right? Now I need to pack my suitcase for going home rediculously early in the morning. I also need to order shopping to be delivered when I arrive home, or else i'll not be having dinner tomorrow night. More importantly, I need to finish a mountain of chocolate before I can leave here! So, stop distracting me. The removal of this hazardous food product is of great importance. I am only consuming it to prevent harm to others.

No comments: