Tuesday 4 November 2008

Tired

I don't seem to be anything other than tired lately. It's doing my head in, actually for, as well as being tired, I can't seem to sleep at night. I'm sitting here, in my mum's house. It's not even 10 at night, and already i'm almost weeping for my bed. Isn't that pathetic? I must be getting old, and I don't like it!

So, what of me? What have I been up to, you might wonder? If you're pondering this, then I think you have too much time on your hands, but i'll tell you anyway.


Monday started with me in a bath robe, feeling tousled and sleepy, having been woken at an unearthly hour of the morning by the combination of my very noisy friend leaving for work, and Molly kangaroo bouncing all over him to tell him how desperately she wanted to go too. The tail was the thing that woke me, slapping off the wall of the bedroom with enough force to make a small area of Oxfordshire wonder if they were experiencing a minor earthquake. I didn't kill dog or man, for which fact I still hold quiet pride. I even smiled a good morning as I grunted something about sleep and me going well together. As I sat there in my robe, wishing, with head in hands, for a return of the blissful silence, the bombshell hit. The courier was coming with the laptop. Great, so now I have to get dressed.

With much grumbling about the necessity, i complied with the urgings of my subconscious which focused on things like, "You don't want to open the door in a robe," and, "Really, it's too cold to flash your legs at the neighbours when you take in your parcel." Jeans and a T-shirt quickly put paid to these notions, and i was able to relax... For a long, long time! At 3, I considered calling them, and, as usual, as soon as I picked up the phone, unleashed my temper, and got all worked up for a good, cracking, satisfying shouting match with the same customer services rep, the door went. Yep, it was my laptop.

It's lovely actually, even though, due to its size, it takes a little extra care to type on. It's an MSI Wind, and it's scrummy. Light, shiny, and with a running temperature of less than blistering proportions, it was my instant love. We're so attached. It's even on my lap, right now, cuddling nicely as I type. Wait, am I allowed to say that it's on my lap? PG ratings, PG ratings! And cuddling? How rude!


I was supposed to pack a bag to go up to my mum's on Monday, but, as usual, I procrastonated until I couldn't face it. Instead, I was up at 7 this morning, and in the bath. It was even too early to sing songs like Mamma mia, shock horror. I'd been a bit of a scaredy cat the night before, so I kept the TV on so that i wasn't too scared to sleep. Yes, I know i'm an idiot. But the end result was that i didn't get much sleep at all. I then packed a bag in record time, and was so pleased to realise that my now tiny tiny light laptop would fit in a small rucksack with the rest of my clothes. Bliss! I hightailed it off to the train station then. Well, that was the intention, but Molly saw to it that it didn't work! I was late for the bus, and arrived, as usual, just as it sailed past me. So I stood, waiting on the next one for far too long. On the way to the station, there's 4 roads we have to cross. Usually, Molly's so good at finding the poles of the traffic lights for me, but today? "Oh, oh, oh, there's a person watching me! Oh, and they've even made eye contact. That must mean i'm gonna get a fuss, right? now, let''s just forget about this silly old pole, eh? It doesn't stroke me, and it doesn't smell even a little bit like food. Yes, let's turn so that I can look at the person while SHE thinks i'm trying hard to find the pole. If i wag a little too, SHE'll think i'm trying real hard, and won't even shout at me! What? I'm facing the wrong way? Well of course I am! I don't want to go to the train station, stupid."

We got there in the end, but it took a lot of bullying from me, and huffing from her in the meantime. instead of finding the help desk, we sailed straight to the barriers, which really didn't help, as the train was in and i needed to let the help desk know i'd need met at Paddington. I begged help off a random member of staff, and made that train by the skin of my teeth, with much cursing of dogs and their mood swings. The trip through London was uneventful, and surprisingly smoothe. Met up with my mum, and a few friends of ours for lunch and we ended up having a huge philosophical conversation which dealt with light matters such as: the validity of religion, is maths a belief system, can the belief behind science be compared with that of religion, and other such usual lunch time ramblings. Then the dogs went to the park. Molly was a silly, yet again. She wouldn't pick up a ball that mum chucked for her, regardless of how much coaxing I gave. After we'd lost the second, i gave up on that game.

Then it was time to find coffee. My mum's a coffee adict, and there's a helth shop that does a nice blend, apparently. We got lost a couple of times but, being the nice daughter that I am, I didn't even complain! After that, it was a trip home on the tube, then a dinner of gorgeous macaroni and chicken in a white sauce. I'm still stuffed.

And now, to finish, some exciting news! I'm going to be on Andy's radio show on Thursday night from 10. I expect you all not only to listen, but to add thestudio@smogradio.net to your IMs, and write in to pester me while I enjoy my 3 hours of fame! Yes folks, get ready to ask for my autograph. You can find the show at www.smogradio.net

I'm too tired to write more, so i'm off for a sleep. Catch you later.

No comments: