Tuesday 25 November 2008

Excuses, excuses!

Well, you know they're coming, in response to the terribly long time it's taken me to update. Ah heck, you know what? I'm not even gonna bother. I haven't had much to say, hence the lack of updatingness that's gone on, or hasn't gone on, on these pages.

I've been run off my feet trying to organise this law conversion. It's amazing how many phonecalls you have to make, how many forms to fill in, and all to give these people £8000 of your money to let you attend. What's with that? Very rarely do I beg to let me give someone more money than I currently have! But beg I shall. And i'm really looking forward to it. I've decided that i'm applying to Brookes, who's rated 4th best in the country, and Nottingham/Caplin law school in London rated top, then BPP in London, which is second or third, I can't remember which. I don't know whether to go full time or part time The full time is extremely hard, and i'm worried that because of the workload, my marks would be less than what they could otherwise be if I had more time. The problem with the part times in London though is that they get less teaching time than the full times, so in that way, my marks could also be compromised. I need to really consider this, and i'm considering applying for full time and part time and then just going for the one that accepts me.

So, that's what i've done all week. Admin, boring old form filling and telephoning. I spent most of yesterday being told that law firms wouldn't give me a work experience placement because all their places were full. I'd left it too late to apply. So i'll have to hope that that won't matter on the application, even though I suspect it will.

On Saturday I was teaching again, but I got a treat this time. One of my students is trained in Hopi Ear Candling, so I got her to give me a treatment. It was great. Imagine a tube of linen that's slightly tapered at one end. It's all coated in bees wax and the tapered end goes in your ear. As it burns, the warm air travels down into your ear, heating all the wax and junk that's in there. When it's soft and pliable, the candle acts kind of like a chimney and draws it all out. Now, I was dubious, I truly was, but it made a noticeable difference to my hearing. My right ear's terrible. I can't watch TV lying on my left side, because I have real trouble trying to make out what they're saying. On saturday night, this posed no problem at all. Apparently you need the treatments pretty frequently to begin with, to make the effects last, which is a real pity. It's something i'll definitely explore though.

And that's it. See why I left it so long to update? There's nothing really noteworthy happening at the moment. On Thursday, i'm going up to see mum for her birthday. I've ordered her present. Saw the perfect thing on Saturday, so now I just have to hope it's delivered on time. Knowing my luck with couriers, it'll come about 1 minute after i've left to catch the bus to see her. And no mum, I will not tell you what it is! Except that it's squidgy, yet, it's hard. Hah haha, I love driving her mad with wondering!

and, with that philosophical thought in mind, i'm off to eat chocolate!

No comments: