Friday 7 November 2008

The morning after

Is just as tiring as the night before, actually. I'm shattered today, truly shattered. I haven't slept properly in about a week now, and it's really telling on me. I'm hoping that i'll eventually get so tired that I just have to sleep, and sleep it out.

So, what did I do yesterday? I started by being awake at 6, as per usual, and feeling super tired without being able to sleep. Why, I ask you! I dragged myself up, went downstairs, and nearly caused my dear, OLD, dad to die suddenly of a heart attack. He's convinced I don't get up early, even though I do. I think he thinks i'm still one of those teens who lies in bed all day long. So, after we'd resussed him (don't panic, it was my mum giving the mouth to mouth. I'm not quite that far gone yet), I threw myself in the shower, and then multitasked by feeding dogs, packing bags and dressing self all at the same time. Aren't I clever?

My new laptop is so yummy! Honestly it is. It's so great to be able to have a laptop that's small and light enough to hold in one hand! But i'm off on a tangent. Sorry, it was packing bags that made me remember how much i'm in love with it.

Mum had a client assessment to do, so I thought i'd come along and watch. It was interesting, actually, even if the travelling did take up the better part of the day. But it's nice to travel with someone you can talk to, and who buys you lunch!

She left me though, abandoned me on a tube station platform as she had done before, many many years ago. Ok, it was a tube, not the platform. And there is a story behind the abandonment comment which, if you have a sick sense of humor like us, is very, very funny. We once told this tube guy that i'd got off the tube too early, as a young child. Mum's blind too, so it was understandable that she searched for, and couldn't find me. So she left me and went on home.

Tube guy: So how did you find each other again?
Me: Oh, we just bumped into each other, literally, when I was 16. Funnily enough, it was on a tube platform!

We found it so amusing because he actually believed us. I mean, who in their right mind would believe that tale? But it seems, if you're blind, that in the eyes of Joe Public, you're beyond falsehood. You're just to innocent, too perfect, too crippled to lie! No disabled person knows how to fib now, do they! It's fun to push things to the boundary of believeableness though, and actually, this one started out as a gentle tease of the man. i cant remember what he asked initially, but the story kind of made itself up after that.

Anyway, i'm off on a tangent again. After i'd been cruelly abandoned, for the second time I might add, I trailed my miserable self across London to Andy's rather large flat in a scummy old student halls block of even scummier, and very tiny, rooms. He's the warden, so he gets it posh, you know. It was fun catching up with him, even though he's a man, and therefore slightly more uninteresting than the fairer sex. I made allowances, though. He even fed me! Yes, that's right ladies and gentlemen, a man fed a woman without being asked... more than twice... And it was kebab he fed me, cooked by his own fair hand. Hmmmm, i'll amend that. i don't like lying to you, dear reader. He brought it, with his own fair hand, from the car of the delivery driver. He even put it on a plate! Now, who needs more in life when you have a man like that?

Of course, becuase he talked so much, we were about 15 minutes late starting our broadcast. what! It's a known fact that men talk too much! and no, I do not have shifty eyes, nor was I hurriedly gulping down the last bit of kebab as we went on air. So no, it wasn't my fault we were late!

We had tuns of requests in though, and MSN was absolutely crazy all night. It was such good fun. I'd like to do it more often, and perhaps I just will. Even my mum, the oldie, said she enjoyed it. But then, who wouldn't when we're both making absolute idiots out of ourselves, trying to impersonate an intellectually challenged brummy?

At 1, we were finished, and about half an hour after, I flaked and begged for bed. But we sat talking for ages and ages, and, you know when you get so tired that everything seems funny and you laugh hysterically even if someone says hello? I was in that head space for about half an hour last night. Everything, and I mean everything was just so hugely amusing! My belly hurts this morning.

I eventually fell asleep, only to be woken by the sounds of water, and brushing! I still haven't worked out what it was, but I think it might have been someone cleaning the side wall of the building. After that, I just couldn't settle back to sleep again, hence the reason i'm killing time whilst writing this post. It's all quiet, apart from the dogs not being able to decide whether they want to keep me company, or try to pester the still sleeping Andy. The quiet is also shattered by the occasional snorting snore from next door. Anyway, I suppose I should go feed the beasts. They're girning for it. So, see you next time.

No comments: